A 2016 Batch ‘ B ’ stream 1 youth corps member, Segun Olumide, serving in Taraba State has died following an electric shock he suffered on Friday.

According to punch reports, He was said to have died while being rushed to the hospital by his colleagues after he suffered serious burns from electric shock while charging his laptop .

The Ogun State indigene was said to have studied Electrical Engineering at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, Osun State .

Olumide, who was serving at the Government Day Secondary School, Wuro Sembe, Jalingo, was reportedly charging his laptop on his laps when he slept off .

It was gathered that the computer exploded, sending electric currents into his body and he died before medical personnel could attend to him .

The National Youth Service Corps Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Bose Aderibigbe, confirmed the death of the corps member, saying his parents who lived in Ibadan had been informed .

She said, “Segun died on his way to the hospital. We were informed that he was charging his laptop on his laps, but the system exploded. His shout alerted his colleagues who rushed him to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo but he died on the way.

“His next- of- kin has been informed about the tragedy, it was a sad development.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s